Thursday, August 19, 2010

So far so good...

Well today is Mia's third day with her meds reduced to only 1x/day (she was taking them 3x/day). After tomorrow, she will be completely weaned. So far, we have seen absolutely no changes. Not behaviorally or with any seizure activity. Praise the Lord. We have not received any lab results or EEG results yet. We were told to call tomorrow if we had not yet heard anything. So we'll see.

Today is another big appointment. We are heading to the dentist. Yikes. I think I am more nervous about this appointment than the others. I know the report is going to be REALLY bad. I know the recommendations are going to be REALLY costly. Mia's appointment is at 1:30pm. Please pray that all goes smoothly and that she is not fearful. And that I don't hyperventilate when they lay out the game plan. =) My sweet friend, Jess, is coming with us to help with the other three (and to bring the paper bag for me). LOL.

Other than that we have been SUPER busy around here. I really have not had much of any break between wake time and bed time (6:15am - 8:00pm). Mia has been thrilled to explore all of the new things around the house and outdoors. She LOVES playing dress up and working at our play kitchen. We have spent hours doing puzzles and coloring. Mia is doing very well with repeating letters and words as we work together. She is constantly initiating working on her letter puzzle. Her world has been busy. She has painted, helped with the laundry, gone to a picnic, learned the clean up song, worshipped with her church family, visited the grocery store, the bank, and Steve's clinic. She has learned to ride a bike with training wheels and showed such determination. She has played in the sandbox, helped set the table & dry dishes, slid down the stairs on her belly with her siblings, tried her first lick of fresh chocolate chip cookie dough and so much more.

It has been so sweet to see her taking in every detail. She watches all that is going on around her. And now every time I give her a meal, she folds her hands to pray. (Melt). She LOVES music and dancing and playing with her siblings. She has eaten everything we have given her which I am sure are totally new tastes and textures including peanut butter and jelly, a turkey dog, chicken chili, and enchiladas. She loves lip gloss and nail polish and princess dresses. Her adjustment has overwhelmingly been going so well. She is getting along really nicely with Chloe and the boys and she runs to see Daddy when he gets home. We are so grateful to the Lord. And for your prayers on our behalf. I am one tired mama of four, but the Lord is good.












5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yeah, another amazing post! The Gruber clan is so addicted :)

Anonymous said...

Still praying...

Stephanie said...

What a joy to read how everything is going. She is precious and you can just tell she's soaking it all in.
Hang in there! I can imagine you are completely exhausted by day's end!

Rebecca said...

Hi, We are back home and I read your last email so I jumped on your blog to get the updates. I'm so happy to hear about all the progress and steps you are all taking. Blessings, Rebecca

PS Thanks for all your prayers.

Sarah said...

Biking! And hot dogs!!!