Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Two Hours ...

In less than 2 hours we will have Mia! We slept well last night and are getting really excited. We woke up around 4:45AM, journaled, checked in on-line and got ready. We just returned from our breakfast buffet which was quite a spread. See pictures below. Lots of watermelon - thought of you Jess! =) Caleb would have LOVED all of the food - a lot of American breakfast things plus a lot of Chinese fare - congee, fried rice, beef & noodles, vegetables, egg drop soup, etc. We met the other 2 families down at breakfast and enjoyed getting to know them a little bit. One famiy will be adopting a 3 year old boy and the other is adopting a 2 year old girl.

We are all meeting downstairs in 30 minutes! I'm getting excited! Please pray that all goes smoothly and that we are able to receive the answers to our questions and many personal items & photos of Mia from her time here. Pray mostly for Mia's little heart and transition, that we can communicate our love to her and she is able to be comforted by us...and that in all these things that we bring glory to God.

This is finally happening! May the Lord go before us.
Thank you Christy for giving me Psalm 16:8 just now!! I'm in tears!!
We are going to get our little girl!!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Karen,
Thanks for all of your wonderful updates.
Psalm 16:8, 11 were two of my memory verses a few weeks back...
"I have set the Lord continually before me. Because He is at my right hand I will not be shaken.
In Your presence is fullness of joy. In Your right hand are pleasures forever."
It is amazing to me how God's Word touches lives in so many different positions and dispositions.
Looking forward to seeing your next post!

Stephanie said...

I'm sooo excited and waiting anxiously for your next post! To God be the glory!!

Melissa said...

Still praying. I'm sure you've met by now - unless something caused a delay. This has been a big day for Lia. Looking at Mia's face and seeing a bit of herself in the situation, she has been processing all day long. If she's doing that much thinking after living securely in her forever family for 4 years, I can't imagine what kind of processing is going on for your Mia.

Mia, we're praying you through this, sweet girl. We hope you can feel the comfort of God's arms around you as you get used to the loving embrace of the mom and dad you get to call your own - forever!

Abundant blessings to you all,

The W Crew. :)

Jessica Bretl said...

Karen,
I'm holding my breath! What an amazing moment, I can hardly think straight and I'm in continual prayer for all of you.
Dear Lord wash over them. Bring peace that flows straight from your throne and envelope all three Vandenbergs. Meet Mia in a way that can only be described as coming from you and give her peace. Go before them in this moment as you have from the moment she was born. Show yourself like never before to Steve and Karen, bring Glory to yourself oh Great and Mighty GOD.