Mia and the other kids did very well again through the heat and long day. We didn't leave from there until 2:30 and still had not had lunch. We always have snacks with us and Mia had a banana, orange and some cereal. When we finally sat down for "lunch" it was after 3pm. All of the kids started forcing the food in their mouths. It was so difficut to see. I knew Mia was not hungry, but I think throwing off the routine was very difficult on her and the others. She had also not had a nap other than about 10 minutes on our van. She had some tears and difficulty at the restaurant and I was all done too. We have decided to skip dinner tonight (everyone did) and we'll just get something on our own. This schedule is not very kid friendly. If it weren't that tomorrow is the zoo, we would be skipping the sightseeing altogether. The pace is getting to me too- just need some down time.
I did some laundry in the sink last night and hung the clothes with clothespins on the shower line. It may sound funny, but when I took the clothes down this morning the familiar smell from our detergent was such a joy to me.
It's the little things. =)
Hope this post did not sound too negative. It was just a tough day. We are all getting spent - almost halfway home. I don't want to wish it away, so I feel very conflicted in even saying that out loud. I need some time to get in The Word and listen to worship - too much time with my eyes off the King. That is where I am headed now. Continued prayers for perseverence would be much appreciated, as well as, Mia's ability to freely give and receive love and affection. She has also at times been quite jealous of my affection toward Steve. Most often she is so guarded - as to be expected. There are times that I feel such anger over how she has been sinned against. It is a tragedy that there a buildings filled with children all over this country and around the world who just need to be loved.
May every one of our hearts break for the orphans of this world.
It is real.
Right now I am loving this real life little girl and there are millions more. The word orphan has a face to me now. And gorgeous brown eyes. And sweet little hands that want to be held. Mia will never be alone again, but what about the ones she left behind - the one's whose eyes cried out as we walked passed them with Mia in our arms.
I will never forget those longing eyes.
This has been a tough day.
Miss you all like crazy!
So grateful for the words of Jesus, "I will not leave you as orphans; I will come to you." John 14:18










5 comments:
It is so hard, isn't it? When you think of all the children 'left behind'...sometimes I am so grief-stricken and consumed with that knowledge that if it weren't for our great big God, who does love these children and does have a plan for them, I just don't know how I could process it!
And yes, the schedule is NOT kid friendly...lots of times Dave & I opted out on many excursions...Shea & Avery would just shut down....we needed to focus on them and work on our new relationship.
You are 'doing good' my friend!!!
We will have lots to talk about when you get back!!!
Covering y'all with prayer!!!
:)
I'll be praying special prayers that his presence would refresh and refill you today!
Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. Matt. 11:28
Love that you are sharing the REAL! Praying that you all have a great night's sleep and feel rested. The pace IS very hard... have fun at the zoo! The best thing is that you are remembering where your strength comes from and putting your eyes Upward. He will help you every step of the way. I am amazed every time I open your blog you are holding that precious child. You will definitely have stronger arms when you get home, and you will have a very attached daughter. :)
bless you!
Sharon
Karen and Steve,
I wish I had some words of wisdom to help you through the tough schedule...but you are looking in the right place!! Trust God has this all in his plan and everything that you are experiencing is for a reason in Mia's story. What a Joy that you are able to experience so much of her native culture. That will be such a gift to her when she is older. We will continue to hold you through prayer and love.
Sharon Boyea
Good Morning Karen,
You HAVE made this for real for me! I went to bed last night thinking about all your posts and pictures. I woke up this morning still thinking and then praying more for you.
"Everyone born of God overcomes the world. This is the victory that has overcome the world, even our faith." 1 John 5:4
Hugs,
Rebecca
Post a Comment