Maybe you have noticed in some of Mia's pictures that she has a LOT of dental issues. She is still gorgeous to us, but will be needing some major intervention for all of the decay and even 3 missing teeth due to the decay. She has let me brush her teeth and imitated me last night and this morning - for like 10 minutes. It breaks my heart that her teeth were clearly never cared for. And it seems she was given a LOT of sweets - as she really wanted candy and coke at dinner. We said no and thought we may see a fit - no she relented, but was disappointed for sure.
Today we will head to the bank to exchange some more money and to a supermarket. I hope to find a lot of healthy snacks and fruit for her - we are almost out our granola bars and I am now hiding the suckers, taffy and spearmint leaves. When she smiles she has huge dimples that melt my heart. When she awoke this morning she gave me a huge smile and big hug. Praise you Lord. It reminded me of Chloe. She likes stickers, the remote,the telephone, shoes and lip gloss. She is going to fit right in!
We have just begun to see some grieving signs and a little "acting out." Nothing major, but definitely some sadness/frustration. I know that she just wants to see if we will love her when she isn't sweet too. And we will. As hard as it is, I am glad to see this. I want to move through it. Please pray for us and Mia in this. Just Skyped with the kids, Gma and Boppa and the Boyds. It makes me miss everyone terribly. Thank you again for your continued prayers and emails. It sends such love to us all the way around the world!
She is watching her first Veggie Tales in Chinese - thank you Wenkai & Melanie!
Here are some more pics...










11 comments:
It was so great to "see" you and talk to you tonight!!! We are praying for you and so excited for you all. We love her smile!
Ok let's try that again. I went to edit it and now it has that official "removed" thingy. ...
So good to hear more about your time with her so far. Praying bucket loads today for you while you slept. The pictures tug at my heart in a way I could have never imagined! Thanks for all the updates, Brad and I are contemplating a break in into your house to perform a forced Skype session. LOL. We'll manage until Wed. :)
Love you, miss you!
Ummm... Three wardrobe changes in less than 24 hours?!? So completely funny!
Love to see this through your eyes. Thanks for sharing your experience and letting me relive a little of that joy. :)
Melissa W.
Seeing Mia in the jammies we picked out for her brought such joy! Silly... but true:) What a picture you and Steve are of our Father's love for us. We continue to pray for ALL of you & are keeping our eyes open for when the kiddos get home.
Your Mia is so beautiful...she melts my heart! I just love to look at her sweet, sweet face. Mia reminds me so much of my Gianna...who I can't wait to meet in a month or so.
May your journey continue with many more blessings. I will be praying...
Kerri
redthreadblessing.blogspot.com
Karen,
Brought to tears yet again by God's faithfulness to you and Steve and little Mia. I know only He is able to do miracles like this one that is occurring in your family. Thank you for letting us all have a glimpse of His faithfulness and love. Praying for you continually!
I am so happy Mia is doing so well and you are right... she needs to grieve her life before you... will make her attachment to healthy. The pics are precious. Mia is absolutely gorgeous!!! She definitely is adjusting to her new family. My favorite was definitely the one of her sleeping in your arms!!!
Blessings!
Just stopped by from Chris' blog. She's right, your family is adorable! I'm keeping you in my prayers as you transition. Congratulations!!!
God's blessings!
Sarah :D
Awesome!!!!
adorable!!!! Congrats to your family...we can't wait to get back to China ourselves!!
Dental issues can be fixed. She is absolutely gorgeous. :) It's always so fun to see children grafted into their families like this. Love it!
Kelly
www.raudenbushfamily.blogspot.com
www.jiayindesigns.com
Post a Comment