I can hardly believe that we will be leaving for China in 13 days! We will start our journey by driving to Madison. My sister is going to meet us (with Mark?)at the CoachUSA bus stop - Park & Ride, and take our car back to her house. Or at some point they will get the car. I guess I don't have that finalized. =) Then bus to O'Hare. Dinner with Kristi. Fly out at 1am (July 20). Arrive in Seoul, Korea at 5am (July 21) and Beijing at 9:40am (July 21). If you look at the Beijing clock on our blog, it is 13 hours ahead of CST. We will have Mia in our arms the next day - July 22!!!
I have been super busy packing, making lists and schedules, instructions and childcare arrangements. There is much to do. I am incredibly grateful to our family and friends who are going above and beyond to help us care for the kids while we are away. It is overwhelming. We have waited so long for this time and it means the world to have your support. The kids are getting excited about their time with each of you. It will no doubt be an adventure. =)
We will miss Caleb, Luke and Chloe tremendously. It will be unbelievably difficult to leave them for 19 sleeps! Yet we know it is the right decision for us to go without them. We need to have this time with just Mia - to help her with her transition (which will likely be very difficult), to be available to meet all of her needs without being pulled & torn by the needs of the others. But it will be extremely hard. Just another reason why we are so thankful for the love you pour out on our kids. It brings tears to my eyes. God has been so good to us through you.
In the midst of all the planning, we also squeezed in some strawberry picking (24 POUNDS), jam making (over 60 jars!) and a FUN camping weekend with our pals the Bretls and the Clements. Sweet memories.
Mmm...yummy strawberries...
Here are my jam helpers

Officially finished with this first post via laptop.
Whew!
It took me a LONG time and was a bit frustrating that the cursor moved all around while I was typing. Grr. I must somehow brush the mouse pad. I will master it! =)
Have a great day!
God Bless,
Karen










2 comments:
Oh!My! How incredibly exciting!!!
Do you have time for a quick visit before you go???
Shea has been asking when Chloe can come over to play!
:)
Those room pictures are enough to make me gush. Oh Karen......!
What a great mommy you are, how blessed Mia is to be coming home to that room and this family! This family, that beyond pretty rooms will point her to the most beautiful ONE, Jesus.
Post a Comment