Monday, May 3, 2010

Test post via email

Just want to practice sending a post via email and see how it works...
 
These photos were taken shortly after our Saturday morning pancake breakfast.  We were invited by "monsters" to appear downstairs.  Chloe was wrapped up in toilet paper and lots of tape and made a pretty impressive "mummy."  I had to grab my camera because I so often do not capture these moments with a picture.  This is seriously regular activity around our house.
 
After we enjoyed their costumes and drama "performance" we headed back upstairs and Caleb, Luke and Chloe started cleaning up the mummy "wrappings." 
 
Within minutes, Caleb was bounding up the stairs...
shouting 
"Hurry!!  The toilet is overflowing!!" 
 
Just as we arrived downstairs, water started spilling over the top of the toilet and all over the floor.  Steve got the water shut off, I grabbed towels, a mop and bucket.  The kids stood nearby watching in horror.  So in the end, the floor got cleaned, Steve taught the kids how to shut off the water to the toilet should it ever happen again (!) and I explained how to prevent it from happening ever again (ie. tape and toilet paper in mass quantities don't get flushed).  Unfortunately, we didn't get any pictures of the drama to follow the drama.  Any guesses as to who thought the mummy costume belonged in the toilet?
 
Just another day in the life of the V. Crew.
 
 

No comments: