I can hardly believe that my little girl is five years old. In so many ways she is still my baby girl and yet there are moments that I turn around and she seems so grown up. Chloe is such a joy to our family. Since she was born I have called her my Sweet B, because she was and is sweet balm to my soul. She is tender and caring, thoughtful and helpful.
Her birthday was Monday and we celebrated as a family. I told her that she could choose anywhere for lunch and Chloe chose Culvers. Grandma and Boppa were still here from the shower and Steve met us there over his lunch. Chloe was beaming. Being the third child born into our family, it is a rare occassion to have Grandma, Boppa, Mommy & Daddy all to herself. In fact I cannot think of another time it has ever happened. What a treat.
On Thursday, she had a small party with her closest girlfriends: Alaina, Adah and Layla. These are the daughters of my precious friends, Jess and Christy - no surprise that she loves those girls. Per Chloe's request, we had a tea party with her favorite (and Mommy's) tea - Almond Cookie. We also had grilled cheese and PB&J sandwiches, strawberries, grapes, kettle corn, cheese, fruit snacks and pink lemonade. Chloe requested a donut birthday cake. Thankfully, I was able to find some gluten-free donuts and make them extra pretty with icing and sprinkles. They were surprisingly DELISH!
Enjoy the pictures from her special day. She is an unspeakable joy and blessing to our family. I daily thank the Lord for her. I pray that He will bless & protect her and draw her ever close to Him. That she will fall in love with Jesus, know His Truth, walk in His ways and follow Him with passion all the days of her life.
My Sweet B is FIVE. (Sniff)










2 comments:
Karen,
I stumbled onto your Blog via RQ (-: And I just had to say how excited I am for your precious family to be so close to welcoming home your sweet new baby. Our family mirrors yours almost exactly,( hence why I just had to comment). We brought our Jade home 5 months ago from Zhongshan. You're in for a wonderful new adventure. Draw on as much support as you can from other Adoptive Chistian moms as you can as they will *get* what your walking through.
Blessings sweet Karen!
~Roberta
http://berzenji.blogspot.com/
Hey I JUST figured out how to comment! What took me so long!!! :)
Anyways these pics. look great!!!
What a fun day. You're such a treasure Chlo Chlo.
Post a Comment