Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Christmas Cards

Steve and I have been sending out Christmas cards and letters since 1997. I have kept one from every year since we began. It is such a blessing to look back on them and see all that the Lord has done in our lives.

I generally wait until after Thanksgiving to figure all of it out, but I recently learned that Shutterfly was offering 50 FREE cards to bloggers! And I am all about a deal. Check out this link and take advantage of the offer
http://bit.ly/sfly2010


When I am looking for a card, I search the ones that say Merry Christmas.
Because Christmas is not just a happy holiday.
It is a HOLY day.
On Christmas, we celebrate the greatest gift ever given.
The birth of Christ.
But it is not just about a baby in a manager.
It is about the Son of God leaving the splendors of Heaven
to live, perfectly.
to love, perfectly.
and to die, perfectly.

Have you ever thought about that?
The whole purpose of His birth was to DIE.
He came to die.
At the hands of His creation.
For me and YOU.
Because He LOVES us.
He was willing to pay the price of my sin and yours. DEATH.
So that anyone who believes in Him will LIVE.
Forever.

FOREVER.


That, my friends, should have us joyfully declaring MERRY CHRISTMAS to anyone we see.

And I am really grateful that Shutterfly has so many options.
For Christmas cards.
http://www.shutterfly.com/cards-stationery/christmas-photo-cards


I love this one.




You can even make Christmas gift tags there.
http://www.shutterfly.com/cards-stationery/christmas-gift-tags

How cute is that?

They have some fun gift ideas too.
http://www.shutterfly.com/calendars

Seriously, you should check it out.

We have yet to take our family photo...I am hoping to accomplish that this weekend. So much to do.
Stay tuned.

1 comment:

Kevin and Michele said...

Doing the same! Have you ordered your cards yet?