Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Re-Adoption Day


December 7, 2010 was a very big day for this little girl and for our whole family! Exactly 4 months since arriving home from China, we completed Mia's re-adoption on U.S. soil. The entire proceedings took no more than 15 minutes, but it was a meaningful time for our family. All six of us were there and we were joined by our precious friends Christy and Jess and their girls, Layla & Alaina. Steve and I were asked a few basic questions and then I was asked to give testimony. I raised my right hand, was sworn in and took the stand. It was all very official and formal (and a little intimidating actually). The last question the judge asked me was, "Do you believe it is in Mia's best interest to be adopted into your family?" I responded with a resounding yes. Afterward, I was dismissed and the judge shared some very kind words about adoption and our family.


And then she ruled...


I see it fit for Mia Jane Hui ... to be adopted into this family.


And our little group of 10 erupted into cheers and clapping!

Thank you Jesus.




All 4 waiting to go in...




Steve and his little girl.




The V. Crew with Judge Falstad




Christy, Me & Jess

(love you girls!)



It's official!



The day continued with more excitement when we welcomed some special visitors bearing gifts and bagels from NJ...another post to come!





1 comment:

Christy for the 4 said...

What a special day!
Congratulations on being ALL DONE!!! Yeah!
We love you and were so glad to be there with you.
Love,
Christy