Wednesday, September 15, 2010

To My Sister

Happy 40th Birthday Kathy! I can hardly believe my sister is 40 years old today. How can that be?? Kathy has always been (and always will be) my older sister. =) By 3 years and one month to be exact. We have shared so much over the years. And obviously sharing parents and a home for almost 2 decades has given us many memories in common. We laugh at the same things. We often say the same things. And we are told over and over again how similar our mannerisms are and how much we look alike. That's a compliment to me...especially because somehow I seemed to get all the DNA for wrinkles.

I am so thankful to the Lord for the sister that He chose for me. Kathy is thoughtful and kind. She is so generous. She is endlessly giving and sacrificing herself for others. She has dropped everything on many occassions to stand in the gap for me. Kathy is quick to problem solve and see the silver lining in tough situations. She is the kind of girl you want with you when all of your plans fall apart. Kathy always has a Plan B and C that turns out to be amazing. She can find a bargain or coupon for any item on the face of the planet. And there have been more times than I can count that she has come home with bags of grocery items that the store paid HER to bring home. She has taught me so much. She has always been someone that I could look up to and be proud to call my sister. Even when I know she didn't want me around. =)

The Lord made her my sister so we'll be connected for life.
She has known me forever.
The good, the bad and the ugly.
She has always been my biggest cheerleader.
She was my first friend and she'll be my last.
I am so grateful for her in my life.

I thank my God every time I remember you. (Phil. 1:3)

And because she is my most faithful Blog follower, I know she will see this! =)
Happy Birthday Kathy!
Love you!
xo

No comments: